DISCUSSION/PARTICIPATION STANDARDS: The professor and TA calculate this work (consisting of up to 10% of your final grade) according to the following rubric:
• 10%: completes all in-class work; participates in discussion in nearly every class session; speaks and listens thoughtfully to peers, reflecting careful reading and attention to lecture content; informed, collegial contributions to group and in-class assignments.
• 9%: completes nearly all in-class work; contributes to discussion in 80-90% of class sessions, reflecting completion of reading assignments and attention to lecture content.
• 7-8%: completes most in-class work; contributes to discussion 50-70% of time, reflecting completion of assigned reading and some attention to lecture content.
• 5-6%: rarely speaks in class; low engagement in group work; missing in-class assignments.
• 4% and below: rarely or never speaks in class, could not demonstrate by comments or in-class assignments that reading had been completed or lecture content mastered; lack of collegiality to peers; not following course policies.